1. I have such high hopes for this NARS Creamy Concealer in ‘Vanilla’ £22.50. I’ve always suffered with dark circles easily and can remember trying to navigate the beauty counter in House of Fraser as a self conscious teenager desperately trying to find a cure! Fast forward and add a good 15 yeas of ageing (I’m being so kind to myself here lol) plus 18 months of on/off sleep deprivation and not only do I seek a fix for the persistent shadows BUT I also now have little lines that have crept into the space under my eyes. Anything on the cake-y side instantly highlights the lines by gathering. So far I’m pleased with the coverage and the longevity of it, it’s a light and creamy texture to apply and blends really well
2. BARE MINERALS Bare Pro foundation £27 is a pressed powder that I bought after seeing fellow bloggers raving about it. It’s medium coverage with a promise to stay put for 12 hours. For me, using it alone doesn’t give me the finish that I really love – BUT using a light amount over my foundation does add a gorgeously smooth matte effect. I do favour full coverage because I’m pretty self conscious of the dark circles aforementioned. If you’re lucky enough to have a more even skin tone then this would be fine to use alone (and please share with me your secrets?!)
3. I’ve only had the TANGLE TEEZER Blow Dry hairbrush £16 for a week and am so pleased I got it. I’m so so rubbish at blow drying my hair – usually drying my hair involves Gracie clambering all over me and trying to help with the brushing! I followed the instructions and just brushed my hair while drying and not directly applying heat to the brush and my hair was a lot smoother without spending any more time than my usual routine. It’s not as good as a hair dresser blow dry but it certainly improved a standard dry.
4. LAILA LONDON Activated Charcoal Toothpaste £9.99. I’ve vowed to quit coffee and red wine in the hope of improving the colour of my teeth. I’m doing well on the wine front but for the last week I’ve averaged about 4-5 hours broken sleep a night (teething nightmares!!) so I’m not quite ready to relinquish my caffeine saviour yet…but once those teggers pop through we will officially have a full set of baby teeth and I will be running out of excuses ;-). I’ll let you know how I get on with this one but basically you brush twice a day for two minutes with a dab of this charcoal toothpaste. Yes it is black and it doesn’t taste very pleasant so I still brush with my normal toothpaste after too
5. STILA Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in ‘Dolce’ £16 I’m a huge fan of a liquid lipstick and one of my favourite bloggers recently did an amazing round up of her favourites (post here). I’m so glad I found this post because I love the Stila ones but did find them on the drier side…having taken her advice on applying balm 15 minutes before and I much prefer the finish now!
6. CHARLOTTE TILBURY Lipstick in ‘Miranda May’ £23. This shade is just a beautiful coral pink and as it was inspired by sunsets on Bondi beach it gives me another reason to adore it because Sydney holds such a special place in my heart! Whenever I use a lipstick I always use a liner to add fullness – I even overline a little which if done carefully really transforms my lips and keeps it natural looking.
7. ESSIE Nail Polish in ‘Ready to Boa’ £7.99. I love dark nail colours and always choose Essie. I love how fast they dry and how smooth the colour applies. This shade is a rich bronze kind of shade with a little shimmer.
8. LIZ EARLE Hot Cloth Cleanser £26. This was actually a Christmas present that I’ve only just started to use so technically I can include it in this list?! This cleanser is so impressive at how well it removes my make up (including mascara) without using loads of product. Also the soft muslin cloth means no excessive use of cotton wool pads and really makes my skin feel clean. I use the skin tonic and moisturiser afterward too and so far very impressed.